Is it just us, or does anyone else have frequent mishaps at the grocery stores! Last night Kyle bought some eggs because they were marked 99 cents. He came home, and I went over the receipt and proceeded to ask him why he bout 2 dozen eggs, when they were each $1.46. He explained the situation and graciously drove back to the store to get it fixed. What a nightmare!
I have had several encounters when bananas were marked at a certain price, but they came up about 7 cents more expensive per pound. I happened to catch it while I was in the store and told the clerk. She gave me an evil glare and started flipping through the ad to see what the price was supposed to be. I informed her that bananas weren't on sale, they were just clearly marked differently than they came up when scanned. It is so ridiculous that you have to be so careful that items aren't scanned wrong. I can't tell you how many times we've had to take grocery store clerks to an item in the store, to prove that in fact the item is marked cheaper than it's ringing up.
In one of my classes, I learned that grocery stores make an extra $2 billion a year because customers just don't pay attention when items are rung up incorrectly! With the dozens of encounters we've had, I definitely believe it. So, if you think your grocery budget is a little higher than you'd like, remember to check EVERY item. I know it's a hassle, but it's saved us probably hundreds of dollars by now!
12 years ago

2 comments:
Somebody has the job of going through all the new prices and making sure that things scan right in the computer. It's not the checker's fault.
You're right, it is frustrating though. When I was a checker, I mostly got frustrated because I had to key in the right price because somebody else had done her job poorly. I also had to fill out a form to give to the management so they would know something was ringing up wrong.
I always watch the prices go by to be sure I don't get charged extra.
Way to go Kyle on going back to the store. I would have been too lazy to go back.
Post a Comment