Friday, December 14, 2007

Utah Drivers . . . 'Nuff Said!

Has anyone else noticed that Utah drivers whole-heartedly believe it is legal and safe to turn left when someone from the opposite direction is turning right? Well, I sure have! Just in case you didn't know, the person turning right has the right of way when it's a green light. So, I was driving yesterday, and I pulled out in the intersection to turn left. I'm fully aware of the situation, and stay put because a big Titan truck coming the other way is about to turn right. Well, some big shot behind me, also in a big truck, decides he needs rudely honk at me. I was vexed! If I weren't paying attention to the road, then sure, honk away. But I was just being a cautious driver. And by the way, the truck turning right turned into the "outside" lane, which means we would have had a collision if I had turned. And, by the way again, the truck behind me still made the light. Anyhow, I just had to get this off my chest. I think it's ridiculous how people think it's okay to risk their life and others by running red lights, or not giving people the right of way to save a few seconds of their trip.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I agree! Utah drivers are terrible! My pet peeve is when they use the "suicide lane" in the middle. I've seen many almost-accidents happen when people turn left into that lane and then just stay put until the other side of traffic clears up. Just wait for an opening on both sides before you turn!

Curt Alan Smith said...

So you were that Jeep in front of me driving like a grandma. Just joking. I hate driving in Utah, its terrible.

Jana said...

what? utah-drivers... represent! :) haha.