Thursday, May 8, 2008

Black and Blue . . . A Series of Unfortunate Events

Remember how I just posted about Kyle liking to stay active? Well, Kyle hurt his finger when he was playing basketball yesterday, and now it is all swollen black and blue. The photos don't quite do it justice. But Kyle is so optimistic he was at least happy that he got the points on the play that this happened! What a silly boy!

Do you ever feel like when it rains, it pours, and when it pours, you're hit with a hurricane? Just when you think things can't get any worse . . . you get that phone call to let you know things did get worse! We were not exactly happy about the large expense our car was going to cost us, but we knew it was necessary to fix. Unfortunately, we just found out the minor part they fixed was only a problem because an even bigger, and MUCH more expensive problem existed! And yes, you guessed it, none of these problems are covered on our extended warranty! They are trying to be nice and take off 1 1/2 hours of labor for us because it is such an involved repair, but it feels like we are just barely hanging in there by a thread. We are trying to remain strong, but these last few months have definitely been a huge trial of our faith. We like to believe that with all of these bad things that have been occurring, there must be some REALLY GREAT things about to happen to us. We are definitely looking forward to the upcoming arrival of our daughter, so we're staying positive and optimistic about that exciting time in our life! Kyle thinks we should celebrate all of this drama by going to Tucanos. And why would we go OUT to eat and pick Tucanos, one of the most expensive restaurants in Provo after we are complaining about all of our financial distress? Well, it's simple . . . it would be free because we have one free meal and gift cards! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!

4 comments:

Driel said...

Megan!!!

That is awful about the car problems!!! Kyle's finger looks bad, also. I am so sorry. You are having the worst luck. Let me know if we can do anything to help.

Virginia said that I told you you could not play. Did I really tell you that? I think you were using me as an excuse. You better play!

Justin Dennison said...

Kyle says:
it's too swollen. I can't bend it cus it's too swollen. I don't know how I'm ever gonna click on those links to watch movies at night??!!
Justino says:
Tucanos will make your finger feel better! And Vball tonight too, Go!

Holly said...

Kyle's finger looks terrible! Those silly boys need to be more careful when they play! And, once again, I'm so sorry about your car. I wish I was a mechanic and could have fixed it for you for free. I would have if I could! :) BUT, I'm excited you get to go to Tucanos! And how did you get two coupons in the mail? (Curt and I were tempted to not give you one of them, but we then decided to be honest.) :)

Kyle and Megan said...

I seem to remember Curt getting two in the mail too, and we were tempted to take one! Tucanos totally changed the whole birthday club thing! They give you this "rewards card," which basically looks like a credit card, and you have to activate it online. So, I don't even think we could use both of them. You are welcome to the second one!